But I Want the Book Now!


This No Spend Challenge was hard this morning.  I love listening to audiobooks and because I am a cheapskate, I listen to the same ones over and over.  So when I buy them, they have to re-read worthy.

I currently listened through 4 books in a 5 book series and then realized I never bought book 5 as an audiobook.  Probably was going to add that later.  But, I have it as an ebook, so I can still get the story, just not audio.  Unless I am willing to listen to the "text to speech" robot on my kindle keyboard (yes, I still have one and love it).

And then I started listening to another series of 4 books.  I haven't purchased book 2.  What?!  But, I do have it on kindle.

But - I really want to listen to those books as I go about my day.  So, I went to my public library Overdrive option (for audiobooks) and neither missing book is in there.  And it's sooo tempting when Audible says, "because you have the kindle version, you can purchase the audiobook companion for $7.49!"  What a deal!  But...then there's the No Spend Challenge.

So instead, I found a series on Overdrive to borrow for free.  I could really benefit more from using the resources at my fingertips.  I don't even have to go to the library physically to borrow these items.

So far, still no extra spending.  Just a little creative thinking and Making Do.

Comments