Cheapskate Follies

This week, I've stepped up my coupon game.  I've been cutting coupons since I could hold a scissors, thanks to my mom.  And over the years, I've slowly gone from saving about 10% to 25-50% on my grocery and essentials.  But after watching the Extreme Couponing show, I've been inspired to step up my game.  With a couple kindle books and some internet searching, I've done fairly well for my first week, I think.

Here's what I've accomplished so far:

  • A larger coupon holder, since mine tripled in size, and is still growing
  • A subscription to Pioneer Press Sunday for about $1 an issue (already getting the Star Tribune) for their coupon inserts
  • Found a local store that sells Pioneer Press for $1 after Sunday - score!
  • Access to a coupon database, and a few coupon match-up sites, which save me tons of time.  Although I am still developing my faves
  • My first free shopping spree - except for the item my husband bought for $1
  • The start of a toiletries stockpile shelf, already half filled with things that I didn't get for free, but at least half price
All in all, a pretty good first week.

Comments