Gem of the Ocean


Last Wednesday I went to see Gem of the Ocean at the Guthrie theater. My co-worker got free tickets. Free tickets? Guthrie? That was a no-brainer. Hadn't been there for about a year since Measure for Measure. The play sounded odd so I wasn't sure if I would like it or not.

We walked across the street from the Guthrie to this little Thai restaurant to eat. I had something that I don't remember what it was called, but it was fine. The others had the Pad Thai which was a bit spicy.

Pauses to give hubby a stern warning to stop talking to her while she's writing in her blog. He said that if I said "my husband is weird" that wouldn't be any new information to anyone. So I'm here to say, "my husband is very weird." Back to the entry...*

We had great seats, row J right in the middle. I did like the play. It had wonderful symbolism, acting and a bit of subtly that I didn't pick up on totally. They had a lot of things right about God but a few things of course were different from my way of thinking. The theme seemed to be, that you needed to have something in yourself before you could be whole. And only then, could you affect others and then society.

Of course I had to drive. Nevermind the fact that they gave me a hard time about being a crazy driver before. We also took a wrong turn (their idea, not mine) and ended up near the 35W bridge that is no more. It was a sobering sight.

I'd love to do more of these things; getting a little more culture into my life. What I need is more money and more time. If anyone has any to spare, please let me know.


Comments