Mother's Day Weekend

Last weekend was fishing opener/Mother's Day. Normally I spend a morning shopping with MIL while the guys go fishing. A low-key weekend, winding down on Sunday for a lunch out.

My MIL got a turkey to make dinner. Not only that, but she invited another couple over to share it with her. What mother wouldn't want to go out to brunch when she could make a Thanksgiving dinner and invite guests over instead?

I had really wanted to go to the Sheep & Harvest Festival in the cities but chose to spend the time with MIL instead. My SIL and BIL were there as well so it was a full house.

I cranked out quite a few squares for my sock blanket. I was getting together some balls for a swap anyway, so i thought I'd see how many different squares I could get with some of my self-striping yarn. They turned out very nice.

I also went to Among the Pines again. The store is growing on me. The gifty section is lovely but spendy. The yarns are nice, she has lots of the finer yarns stocked and will be doing Rowan so on too. I picked up some JitterBug sock because it's the first time I've seen it. Not that I NEED more sock yarn, but oh well. They also had the Fall 2007 IK so I bought one for N who needs it for the Tilted Duster.

Next year, I'm considering sending a card and flowers up with my hubby. He can go fishing, I'm going to go see sheep, llamas and lots of fibery things. Because unfortunately, the sheep & wool thing only happens on Mother's Day weekend. Go figure!

Comments