Peach Tree Revisited

We had our regular discipleship triad today with a new schedule to help us manage our time better. It really seemed to help; we covered what we needed to cover and kept some things shorter than normal. This also left us with more time to talk about SAGA's and praying.

During our prayer time, I felt as if it was time for us to be quiet and just listen to God and the Holy Spirit. we did that for about 15-20 minutes. During that time I tried to push away all the normal junk that fills my mind and prayed about what God wanted to show me. The Peach Tree kept coming up.

I imagined that empty space where the peach tree was. There was no way that it would come back, it was gone. There was no possibility of planting a new one, it would only be cut down as well. A fruit tree could not be planted there again. Should I go down the road and find somewhere else to plant? After all, it was my childhood home, was it time to move on? I don't know for sure. But I kept being brought back to the image of the empty spot where the Peach Tree was.

Let go of the Peach Tree. Let it all (scrub brush, weeds, vines, etc.) be pulled up and brought away. Let it all be re-landscaped into something different, something that you had not envisioned. Give up and let go of your vision of what it should have looked like.

Do I move on? Stay and watch? That is yet to be determined.

A & N shared what was going on with them during that time. A wasn't sure of what she heard. N said that God was saying that he wants us to let him seep into us more and more, into every crevice. They thought that my experience was saying "wait."

Comments