I'm in shock


For the first time that I can remember, my gauge swatch came out perfect. No going down a needle size or anything.

This all came about because the Estes Vest that I am working on is going more quickly than I thought. What if...on vacation...I knit up all 8 skeins and run out of a fun project and don't feel like knitting socks?

*gasp*

Rumaging sounds come from the craft room, magazines, books and yarn stash is ransacked. House gets re-decorating with knitting magazines and books. Ravelry pattern search gets a workout. Some patterns are chosen. Rumaging sounds continue. Other patterns are chosen. Eventually, the pattern that I wanted to do in the first place is given a go with a gauge swatch.

4" measured and 18 stitches, right on the dot. It was meant to be. The yarn is knitting up so soft and lovely as well.

May I present, my emergency vacation project, the Cardigan for Arwen.



Comments