No Spend Month

I saw another blogger post about a No Spend Month and got to thinking. Could I do it? Probably not. But I could cut down on spending, for just one month.

Here's what I came up with for a goal for the next 4 weeks:

$50 grocery/week. It has been $80.
$15 lunch money/week - I have a staff lunch each week and then have a lunch date with friends on Friday. It has been $20 and up.
$50 personal spending money for the month which may seem like a lot but it will be challenging. I’m going to see the Mason Dixon knitters next Sunday and want their book, will want yarn, etc. Also, will have to use this for postage for sending out the yarn boxes. Plus, if I want anything non-knitting related, it’ll come out of this fund too.

I’m not including gas or anything else, those to me are fixed and something I really can’t change.

I will allow myself to “borrow” between lunch and spending money if I can save a bit more on one end.


Comments

Rachel said…
I think that's great you're giving it a try! I know it will be tempting to buy more knitting yarn. I hope it goes well for you!