Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Wedding/Baby Blanket


No, it's not what you think (or what I would think by reading that title if I wasn't the one who had written it and already knew what I meant).

I've been working on the Log Cabin Baby Blanket as a wedding gift but doubling the size because it's for two adults. Yeah, I've had since February to work on it, the wedding is in December. My plan was to do 2-3 skeins a month. It started out well but now that I do my math again, I have to do 1 skein per week. Where has the time gone?

I'll admit, I've been a selfish knitter. I've managed to knit a cable cardi which almost fits, a silk cardi that needs a new collar worked in and an almost finished vest that needs a zipper. So realistically, just one large project finished and that one doesn't quite fit. Wow, is that an impressive list of FO's or what?

Thankfully, a blanket doesn't have to fit, except to be large enough to drape over people.

I've been cracking down on this thing and got 1 1/2 skeins in this week. Impressive? Only because it's garter stitch. My goal is to get this thing done quickly so that I can knit something for myself; or not finish another something for myself.

I'm considering hauling the blankie along to see the authors of the pattern, the Mason Dixon knitters. They'll be in St. Paul on Sunday.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Saw your comment on M-D.com and came to say hi. We're also traveling about an hour and a half for Sunday's event, but I was the one picking up tickets since I happened to be in St Paul earlier this week. Don't cha just love ravelry?!