Wedding

My niece was married last Saturday on a cold wintry day. The wedding was gorgeous and the couple looked picture perfect.

It was a bittersweet day. The sweet because she's the first of the nieces & nephews to have waited until marriage to live together and to have completed most of their education. They have a plan for their careers and they are both Christians. The bitter is because there were two key people missing; my mother (her grandmother) and my brother (her father). When she was walked down the aisle, her mother walked on one side and her older brother on the other. Though I was said and teary, I had to admire how the family has stayed so close and loving with each other through all the hard times. The beauty of the moment was in both the bitter and the sweet parts coming together.

Here's my immediate family; brothers, sisters and their children and their children. One niece and her family is missing. There are about 30 now.

Comments