Manipur

I'm hoping to go back to India next year in April to Manipur. The people look a bit like me, in fact some Indians thought that I was from Manipur and tried Hindi on me! The pastor's wife is from there too and we spent a bit of time talking about her home and culture. It is different to be among people that look like me. I'm so used to seeing white people!

Here are some resources I'm looking at:
When Melunah was sharing pictures with me and telling me of her home, it just sounded so much more like Minnesota than Goa was (which is very tropical). Then when I saw some photos, it reminded me of pictures in my storybooks of the Korean countryside. At that moment it felt as if God tapped me on the shoulder and said, "look, it's a little of Minnesota and of your birthplace. It will almost be like going home." That's when I knew for sure that I was to go to Manipur. I had that sense a few times before when Melunah and Cris talked about going.

In the meantime, I need to get into shape. And I need to practice how to use a squatty potty and how to wash yourself without toilet paper. If I can do all that and stay bug-free, I think I'll do just fine going to Manipur. Actually, I'll probably do fine anyway, it just would be good to be prepared!

Comments