The Plan

I'm about to give up on sweater making for awhile.

The Flutter Sleeve cardigan was zipping along, until I had to attach the buttonbands. I didn't pull the ribbing side enough and it's rippling. What will need to happen will be, that I need to rip out my seam and do it again.

I'm kind of tired of doing this finishing work on sweaters and such and then having it not work. The Sayuri, the Flutter Sleeve and my most recently almost finished printed Silk...all of them had that finishing up problems. The only sweaters that I have been wearing are the Tangled Yoke and the Estes Vest and they are not perfect fits.

Argh.

So...I started on 2 shawls over the last weekend. I'm thinking about doing simple things for now that don't have to be fitted. And, I also have been cleaning up my craft room again. I do have a bit of yarn that I can knit from for awhile, for non-sweater things. I also found this book in my stash:

Maybe when I'm ready to start another sweater, I'll try one from this book...and keep trying until I get it right. Probably will need to use the same yarn too. In that case, I'll have to find something that I really like and want to work with for about a year.

In the meantime, I'm going to start working on a blanket for my hubby. He needs a different blanket to use at his dialysis appointments that'll keep him warm and will be washable. The yarn I think I'll be using will be Cascade 220 Superwash wool. It'll be warm and washable. I may even slip in a little alpaca lace weight for some extra warmth.

Shawls and blankets are on my mind for now. But who knows? I may see a great sweater pattern and forget about all my sweater woes.


Comments