Yarnover 2009


I went to the market at Yarnover 2009 last Saturday for a much needed mini-break. My head is still a bit foggy from the mild concussion, but hey, gotta go to the knitting events when they happen.

Above is the alpaca yarn I got from Alpacas of the Ark. The yarn is from Hector who has a lovely black coat with a little sheen. It was the last of his yarn because the lady said they sold him.


Angora Fairy Hare from Kimmet Croft Fibers. I also bought a pattern, the Emporer's New Scarf which was designed by Lucy Neatby. When I looked at the pattern at home, I realized it requires crochet. Ugh.

And lastly, I stopped at the Silver Creek Cabin booth where Patty and Andrea were working. Andrea helped me to put together yarn ($3 each) for a shell that I didn't know I needed. She has a way of doing that. I think I'll make the diaganal rib from the newest Vogue.

That evening we played 500 with some friends. I think both of these events overloaded my brain and I was tired and head achy all Sunday. But the yarn was worth it. Very worth it.

Comments