Happy 40th, Amy!


My friend, co-worker and pastor moved back home yesterday. The church let her go and she decided to take the opportunity to go back to school and get her M Div. But before she packed up and left, we had to celebrate her 40th birthday. (If you've been reading my blog for awhile, she's the one who had a pirate party last year.)

I made her a bundt (boont) cake with a flower in it. With a nod toward My Big Fat Greek Wedding. A lot of people turned out to tell her that she was old.


We went to her favorite restaurant, El Molcajete. Great food, yummy cake and a wonderful celebration of her life mixed in with a little bittersweet good-bye.


Happy Birthday, Amy! I wish you a beautiful journey of transition; a banner year of walking closer with God and most of all - true joy.

Comments