It all started awhile ago when hubby kept asking what I wanted as I gift. I gave him a few ideas:
- Vera Bradley Purse
- Yarn, yarn, yarn
- Jewelry made from recycled knitting needles
- Jewelry, simple and functional
- A Kindle (he laughed at that one)
- A couple books I was eyeing.
And so, I opened my gift...
A huge skein of 1450 yards of Mountain Colors Weaver Wool yarn! I had no idea that it even came this big. This will be perfect for my shawl. I had been trying to get Patty at the yarn shop to help me find yarn, and this is why she was stalling - my hubby had already bought it!
But wait, there's more! Inside the yarn ball, were surprises! Here's hubby helping me, partway through the unwinding (it took awhile).
At the end, he had gotten me:
- Mega ball of yarn
- The necklace & bracelet made of recycled knitting needles
- A Princess Leia figure (long store of how I felt I got gipped by another little girl who took the LAST Princess Leia figure before I got there and I must have told this story too many times)
- A silver bracelet he picked out himself, on my wrist
I'm planning on making the shawl starting during his transplant surgery. I only have to wait 1 1/2 weeks!
Does my husband rock, or what?!