I'm Like Electricity (it's not what you think)

When I was in middle school, we built a light of sorts, that would connect to a battery. One of the lessons that the teacher taught was that electricity is like a lazy old man. It will take the shortest path home, so don't cross the wires between the battery and the bulb or it won't work. She was right.

Yesterday, I was like electricity. I wish I could say that I was energized or hot, or fast or something like that. But in reality, I was like the lazy old man. The whole run was a struggle again and since my shins were a little sore from the last run, I took it easier; and the shortest path home. I did manage to go about 1.1 miles and run about 5 minutes before the lazy old man took over.

I'm getting a little bored with my route and need to map out something new. Or maybe I need to have something to think about and do some mind games while running. Either way, I'll try to put something new into practice tomorrow morning.

Comments