Limping Toward Home

Well, this morning I got in a combined run of....(drumroll please)...2 1/2 minutes! My all time low yet. What happened, you ask? Well, I started to feel almost a burning pain in my feet and my arches. The only thing different thing I did was to have different socks on - I put together 2 pairs of thinner sports socks. However, I wonder if running on the streets after the treadmill runs are just harder on my feet. I may have to rethink the treadmill runs.

Tomorrow I'm going to run again, because my workout couldn't really be considered a true run. But this time I'm going to run on our treadmill and do a barefoot run again. Why not?

I had a really neat thing happen last night - someone called to say that I had inspired them to run a 5K. I won't go into it here (but that person is welcome to post here if they wish). It was just neat to know that I, in all my failings could inspire someone by doing and asking.

Just don't tell her and the others that my secret, secret plan...is for us all to run the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon (or ok, the 5k is good too) in 2012.

Comments

Allison said…
Julie, I'm Allison, one of Jen's friends, and I love your blog! I just started running a couple years ago - totally from scrach, like you - and I totally remember the huge accomplishment at each new step! Way to be able to run for 8 minutes at a time! That's huge!
Jen Norman said…
Love you too Julie. Is it bad that I want to go to Disney too? :)
Jen, I was the only one in my family who had not run the Disney marathon or half marathon. Last year I started a plan to train for the 1/2, and all my sisters were going to run with me. For my birthday they all gave me running-themed gifts.

Then I got a bad case of plantar fasciitis and had to stop training. I went down in January and watched everyone race and was a little bummed out.

I'm starting from scratch again but don't think I'll be ready for a half by January '11. Still, I'm planning to get to that Disney 1/2 one of these days.

If you like Disney (like I do) then it's a great motivation. And you know newbie runners always need things to help stay motivated! So, I say it's great you want to go to Disney.