The Mental Wall

This last week I've been feeling as if I've been training all along, and I'm still struggling to do week 3. I've let too much of life get in the way. Do I start over? I have time. I could start at week 3 and just go from here. Or, I could find another program and try that out for size.

I've been looking around the net and I found something interesting on the C25k site:

The fact of the matter is though that if history repeats itself, most of you will drop out somewhere around week 4 or 5.

This is where I'm at. I've been repeating week 3 for the last 3 weeks! And I still have not licked it. Do I just press on and go with week 4? I know that I have my weight against me. Starting at over 200 pounds is not easy to run around with. I also have not gotten real running shoes yet, I plan to rectify that soon.

I think my mind is becoming clearer as I write. I'll finish off this week on week 3, and that's it! I'm going onto week 4 whether I'm mentally and physically ready. I'm just not going to stress over whatever length of run I need to do, I'm just going to do it. And I'll get over this hump and move on.

Because I still have time to do 2 weeks of every week of the 8 week program, plus one. Thankfully, I gave myself plenty of time. I can still do this! I will do this. I've now told others, so I can't fail.

Good things:
  • I'm still ahead of many Americans who don't run regularly.
  • When we hiked .1 of a mile up a steep hill, instead of looking at it as a mistake, I looked at it as a good workout.
  • I'm going to buy running shoes hopefully, this weekend. Which I believe will help me to run better.
Plan:
Weds - run
Thurs - cross train
Fri - run
Sat - cross train
Sun - buy shoes!

Comments