Monday, August 2, 2010

Pilgrim's Progress/Regress

Progress: The scale said I'm back down 4# from original weight.

Regress: But not down to my lowest weight from last week.

Progress: A friend told me that I was looking more toned around the middle and my face showed it too.

Regress: I looked at the pics of my legs, and they do not look like how I think they really look like.

Progress: Getting up in the morning is becoming a little easier.

Regress: I was trying on a pair of pants that I wore last spring. They didn't fit around the middle! Everything seemed mushy. Kind of weird because my middle, though ample, used to be more firm. My theory: The firm fat is leaving...the squishy floppy fat remains and thusly, it's harder to fit into some clothes.

Progress: I went to the Running Room last weekend and felt a connection to more runners.

Regress: I was the largest one there, and I bet they couldn't have picked me out from the group we were in that I was the runner.

Progress: I invited my sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law to run in a 5K with me next year.

Regress: I was feeling down on Sunday, like what I was doing really isnt' doing anything.

I wonder if this back and forth thing is the same with others like me who start running? I am hoping that the Regresses become less as the Progresses become more.

Here's my legs from yesterday. I'm going to continue to take weekly pics to see how they change.


No comments: