The scale told the sad news - back up a few pounds. Ground lost!
Luckily, I had woken up early enough to do a run before church. I mapped out a new route, west of our home. Little did I know that half of that length was a slow slog up hill. My total running time was probably 5-6 minutes, the rest was climbing. However, I did get a good workout because of the walking uphills.
I realized this week:
- I run slower on the treadmill which combined with the even path, makes it easier
- When I go outside after being on the treadmill a few days, I try to run to fast
- I will to pace myself better outside
- I will be nixing the treadmill unless absolutely necessary; 90+ weather, severe thunderstorm, somethng like that.
- I will be getting up in the mornings for my runs.
- I will keep whole grain bread on hand for a pre-run snack with butter and fresh local honey.
- I will learn something new about nutrition this week
- I will be taking pics of my legs each week. That's where I'm seeing so much change!
Back into the groove again. Tomorrow the scale should be more friendly.
ETA: before yesterday, I had been down another pound - 6#'s lost! I'm hoping my weight will drop back to that in the next couple of days.