Raise Your Hand


Last night I went to Gear West to see Christopher McDougall, author of Born to Run. I was thrilled to find out that he was going to be so nearby, so I had to go. There were about 150 there, coming out on a cold rainy night. Chris ran from a store in Wayzata to Gear West in Long Lake, about 3-4 miles, beforehand. I really wish I had been in shape enough to go, being curious about how he runs. Maybe someday, if I run an ultra, he may be on the trail. (Wait a minute...I haven't even run a 5k yet, and I'm thinking about an ultra? That's just crazy talk.)



If you ever get a chance to see him, I'd highly recommend it. I recorded the audio, so sometime I'll post that here (if I can figure it out) or somewhere around. I had some "aha" moments that spoke to my heart when he was talking. At one point, he had people raise hands, if they were a runner and I got to raise mine for the first time. This is it! I'm really beginning to be a part of this community. Even though I can't quite go for 1/2 mile, I'm already relating to things with runners.

I do believe, I have my Runner's Learner Permit.

Comments