Running Is A Holiday

This morning, I got up (late) and made pancakes for my hubby's birthday. Then I went off and treated myself to a run.

I did 2 main long run stretches (by Darrel's and 3rd) and wondering if I'm to the point of doing lesser but longer runs. I also ran out of road and went out again past Alice's and around my street the other way. This week I plan on having no runs under 60sec and increase my route to 2 miles. Now that I'm up to about 2-3.5 min long runs, it shouldn't be too hard, right?

Yesterday my husband and I went to Target Field, the new Twins Stadium for the first time. I loved it! I didn't think I would, but the whole thing has a more intimate feel than the Dome. We walked around it and I felt a difference in the way that I walked. Before, it would be a trudge to see how little I could do until I could sit. Now, it was wonderful to feel how strong my legs were now and they weren't tired after all the walking and stairs. I saw some people slogging along and thought that they could use some running in their lives. So many people are like electricity, the lazy old man. I used to be that way, but now, even if there is a shortcut, I am enjoying going the long way out. It's fun, like a holiday.

Happy Labor Day! May your running be a sweet labor.

Comments