In Which My Training Switches Gears

This morning was the day that I really kicked my training into gear. Just for this month, I'm putting aside my fun fartlek runs, my "let's see what I can do" runs and gear up for the 5K. I do like the fact that I have a good plan in place to be able to run/walk about a 45 minute 5k. It is very doable and is not overwhelming (as long as I don't look at what I'm supposed to do next week). What I am fearful about is that I will lose interest or have a set back and won't be able to complete it. I have to, have to, have to do this training schedule!

My next step while doing this, is adding better nutrition and eating habits. I keep losing and gaining the same 7 pounds. This morning I was up near my starting weight again (nevermind that I had a great cheeseburger yesterday). Although I've never been one to fluctuate my weight this much, so I know something is happening in my body.

My stomach continues to sag and the creases are more pronounced. In one way, this is very interesting; to see how the fat is melting away. But in another way it's kinda gross to see flabby floppy parts. I'll spare you the details. I don't even like looking at this part.

Anyway, I'm going to explore better nutrition and eating habits now. Funny thing is, though, I haven't really had cravings for food like I used to. When I think about what I want for dinner, I really don't care. Used to be that I would have a definite craving or idea. But now? Meh.

Comments