Revenge of the Treadmill

We've been having some really rough storms this week. The winds have been so strong, that I actually broke a door going into a restaurant! The wind took it out of my hands and it hit a brick wall (that it normally wouldn't hit) and shattered.

With this in mind, when I woke up Wednesday and heard the winds still blowing, I headed downstairs to the treadmill. I haven't been on it for quite awhile, and had to wait until my husband took off his computer equipment.

10 minutes in, I was sweating like it was summer. Maybe it was the warmer air inside, but I did feel as if I was putting in quite an effort. I did the 2 min run, 2 min walk routine. With these shorter runs, I can't get into the groove of running, though. The whole thing feels like effort and I was constantly checking my watch. In some ways, it almost feels like I should be on week 2 or 3 of the C25K program.

Not a great workout, but it's my last until the 5K. Tonight I'm going to walk 3.2 miles to let myself get the feel of that distance. But that's it, no more exercise until Saturday morning.

I'm not sure what you're supposed to do a week after a race, but I'll probably just let myself rest and do fun runs on Wednesday and Friday. I'm even thinking of trying an easy running program after the pressure of the 5K is off.

5k, here we come!

Comments

Allison said…
Good luck! I can't wait to hear about it!