Kitchen Declutter

I decided to start early on Zone 2 which includes the kitchen. Before I can really clean it, I'm supposed to declutter it! Last month, I was able to make headway with the files, the desk and the glassed shelves. This time, I'm attacking the cupboards.

Here's some stuff that I'm finally letting go of:

  • A broken hand blown votive holder. It was beautiful! Someday, I was going to do something with the pieces, not sure what.
  • Fridge Magnets. I must admit to something here. I covered the side of the fridge that faces the stove with magnets. Why? Because I could never keep that side clean! So, I'd switch the magnets out and throw away the dirty ones. And the magnets were things that I thought I should keep. But why really, do I need them?
  • Expired food
  • Matches - for some reason, I have a big box of these.
  • Napkins from our wedding. I had these idea that I'd save the leftovers for our anniversary party. But let's face it, these napkins - we didn't even want to use them when I was trying to use them up!
I have rediscovered:
  • 3/4 of a shelf free, under the pans. I can keep all my pots on pans on one shelf. the 2nd shelf in that cupboard holds our waffle maker, that's it.
  • My yarn dyeing drawer

Comments