2011 - The Year of Catching Dreams
I am done with chasing them, it's time to take out the butterfly net and catch one or two. If I merely say to myself that I'll chase dreams, it is too vague of statement and gives no direction. But to catch something - that takes planning, action and a solid goal.
A little while ago, I felt restless at work. This is my usual modus operandi - after a few years, the challenge is gone and I am maintaining things, not creating and innovating. I am a Starter. If I must work for someone else, I enjoy places that I can mostly control my environment, that needs some help that I can do, that I can initiate and follow through with changes, helping things function better and be creative as much as you can in an office setting.
For years I have been following this pattern. Each job ended with mostly the same result. I grew bored after there was not much more to improve, and then started dreaming about leaving and writing as my career. With my current job, I can't even muster enough energy to look forward to another "Starter" job even though I am bored and restless now. So now, I think it's time that I really do catch that dream of writing.
I won't be able to do this all at once and still maintain our lifestyle. So there are other dreams that I am taking my butterfly net to. Here's a list, though it may not be comprehensive:
- Writing/working from home full time. Will include writing articles, the great American novel, writing knitting patterns and selling things in my etsy store
- Having a decluttered home - thanks to the Fly Lady
- Maintaining a clean home - thanks to the Fly Lady
- Being fit and active - due to running
- Taking a more active role in social justice such as the oppression of women globally, which leads to a host of bad things
- Drawing closer to God in the "Interior Castle"
- Communicating better with my relationships