New Flight Schedule

My flying took a bumpy landing over the holidays. But the new year has a new Fly Lady theme - 7 in 2011! I've scaled back my flight plans to be more managable and will add more things as more habits are formed.

In 2010:
  • I learned the Babysteps of Flying
  • I made making my bed each morning a habit. Even though it's not perfect, it looks nicer
  • I am doing a load of laundry each day, as needed. No more clean clothes on the couch waiting to be folded. I have to have the time to do a load or I won't start one.
  • The upstairs living room was decuttered
  • The upstairs closet was decluttered
  • The kitchen was decluttered
  • We had a stress-free Thanksgiving hosting because of Flying
  • We had a delightful garage sale, getting rid of stuff
  • We got rid of over 30 boxes of stuff to charity (mostly after the sale)
GO ME!!

In 2011 I will:
  • Continue decluttering the house
  • Bless others with or extras
  • Work towards working at home
  • Develop more Flying habits
I’ve picked out 7 things each day that I will do (plus a 7 minute before bed routine). Eventually the decluttering will give way to zone cleaning and missions, but I can’t do all three anymore. I’m also only doing the 15 minute declutter and the 2 minute hot spots, because the 5 minute room rescue and the boogie seems like almost the same thing.

Here’s what a day looks likes:

  1. Make bed
  2. 1 load of laundry
  3. Empty purse & bags after work (this is a big issue for me)
  4. Exercise/swish & swipe/dry mop, depending on day
  5. Change sheets/clean fridge/desk time, dust, vacuumdepending on day
  6. 2 minute hot spot
  7. 15 minute declutter

Before bed:
Shine think
Check calendar & thaw meat
Take meds if needed

Whew - it feels a lot lighter and much more doable! We’ll see how this goes for this month, and then I leave the country for 15 days! May have to regroup after that with some crisis cleaning at the end of February.

Comments