Why Wait?

I just finished my first run of 2011.

Oh, thank you for your applause and cheers! Yes, yes, it did take me awhile to get back into it. But yes, it's good to be back. I had a health scare this week, my numbers were not looking good. Which was the motivation that I needed to get back to running NOW.

As I ran/walked on the treadmill and listened to the Phedippidations podcast, I wondered, why did I want to wait to start? What possible reason was there to put off getting back into health?

It's easier not to.
The view from the couch is good.
I don't have the time now.
Why start now when I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks?

But these are really just excuses. There's no reason why I can't start now, so I did. After dinner, we finished watching Chuck and I told my husband that afterwards, I was going to exercise. It wasn't easy. It would have been so nice to sit there, watch another show, knit, and put it off until tomorrow. But I got off my butt and did it.

1 min run, 2 min walk x10, or thereabouts.

Comments