Needle Felted Pumpkin

The Community Ed Catalogs are out!  My first CE class on needle felting is now available.  We'll make this 3-D pumpkin out of dyed wool.  The class is scheduled just a little before Halloween, so those who attend will have plenty of time to make up more to decorate for the fall.

As I look back, it was only a few years ago that I learned needle felting.  It was an instant success - the medium is like sculpting with wool and no water needed.  Something I could do while watching TV or listening to an audio book.  Most recently, I made up a few pincushions out of old teacups.  It's a great way of recycling those chipped, mismatched or orphaned teacups.  Plus, the wool keeps needles sharp.  They will be available for sale around town this fall and Christmas season.

Comments