Saturday, September 10, 2011

Needle Felted Pumpkin

The Community Ed Catalogs are out!  My first CE class on needle felting is now available.  We'll make this 3-D pumpkin out of dyed wool.  The class is scheduled just a little before Halloween, so those who attend will have plenty of time to make up more to decorate for the fall.

As I look back, it was only a few years ago that I learned needle felting.  It was an instant success - the medium is like sculpting with wool and no water needed.  Something I could do while watching TV or listening to an audio book.  Most recently, I made up a few pincushions out of old teacups.  It's a great way of recycling those chipped, mismatched or orphaned teacups.  Plus, the wool keeps needles sharp.  They will be available for sale around town this fall and Christmas season.

No comments: