How Much Is Too Much?

This morning, I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.  I had this wonderful dream that I was shopping.  Every item I needed to buy had a flyer on a string next to it, that pointed out where the coupon was that I could use to get the item for free.

That dream isn't too far from the truth.  I've found many websites that will do a coupon matchup for stores that I frequent.  They tell me what deals that week are good, and which coupon combinations to get  really low prices and sometimes free items.  Not only that, they tell you where to get the coupons, and if it's an online one, then there's a link.

For example, the coupon matchup for Walgreen's next week shows that I can get free Kotex tampons, Crest mouth rinse and Sunkist pop for free, after register reward points.

Coupons are probably part of the reason I couldn't get back to sleep.  I kept thinking that there was a coupon insert in our weekend Wall Street Journal outside, and needed to go get that.  I am not a morning person, so I have been drowsy on and off the rest of the day because of this early rise.

My husband is pretty supportive, or at least he's finding the humor in all this.  When I say we need something, he asks, "do you have a coupon for it?"  Today we spent some time cleaning out an area for the beginning of our stock pile.

I think there's something wrong with me, though.  I am constantly thinking about coupons.  How to get them, what stores have the best matchups and what can I get for free.  In fact, I keep turning away from offers that may net me a 50-75% savings because I want to wait until they're free.  At some point, I'll have to stop turning up my nose at boxes of cereals for $1 or even $.50.  I want free stuff, is that too much to ask?

Comments