- 2 packages of strawberries (or whatever fruit you can spear)
- paring knife
- wooden skewers
- vase with a wide mouth (washed)
- Dulci frutta hard chocolate (found in the produce section)
- Assorted small toppings such as:
- chopped or crushed nuts
- shaved coconut
- mini chocolate chips
- cookie sprinkles
- sea salt
- jell-o (in sugar form)
- chopped up candy
- Someone to share your bouquet with
(click on any photo to see a larger version)
Step 1 - Wash strawberries and pare off stems. I found it easier to leave a little of the white hull on top when spearing these. Dry strawberries completely so the chocolate will stick.
Step 2 - skewer each berry securely onto a wooden skewer.
Step 4 - follow the directions on the Duci frutta container and heat your chocolate. Get your toppings ready to be used.
- Dip a strawberry into the chocolate (you can do either just the tip, half or the whole thing, you decide).
- Right away, before the chocolate hardens, cover the chocolate covered part with the topping(s) of your choice.
Step 5 - admire your work and then go find someone to share your edible bouquet with!
P.S. - you may have chocolate leftover in the container. Yes, you'll probably want to dip your finger in and eat some like that. But you can also take advantage of this opportunity and coat some spoons with it and use it in coffee later. Use disposable or real spoons, either works.