Jazzing June


Three months completed and 12 of the 41 by 41 are checked off the list.  That's an average of 4 per month.  With 9 months to go, there are 29 things left.  I'll need to average 3.22222222222 items per month to complete them all.  Which I think is pretty doable if I try to go for 4 per month.  Some of the items take a bit more time and effort such as #4, #13, #18, #21, #24, #26, etc.  And some are fairly easy so I'll save them for when I need them.


I've considered changing a few of these as I don't know if I still want to do them.  Would that be cheating?  And if so, who am I cheating?  But for now, all items stay as they are.  Here's what I did this last month.



#12 - Get Rid of Past Crafts
I flew through my craft room and ruthlessly got rid of those project that hang on my neck like an albatross.  A few of the ones I unearthed I had no recollection of starting or even buying the yarn.  So I packed up a nice big bag of UFO's and a friend took them all with pleasure.  I told her as she left, "thanks for taking my guilt!"

#16 - Keep a manicure for 2 weeks
A few weeks ago when I went to Canada for a wedding, I got a manicure.  Afterwards I looked at the shoddy job and wondered why I had paid so much.  But you know something?  My nails grew better because of the work around the nail beds and the polish lasted longer than when I put them on.  And then I decided to get another manicure around home since my nails at last looked decent.  I found a place for under half the cost as the Canadian salon and the hand and arm massage and polish job were tons better.  So instead of a fancy Aveda salon, I went to one of those Asian places and got better service.

Anyway, yes it was actually 2 manicures.  However, the spirit of the goal was to get my nails looking nice.  I've had a bad habit of picking at them so they're usually down to the quick.  But for nearly a month now, they've been quite nice and respectable looking.  Do I want to look respectable?  If I get a hand and arm massage with it, yes.

#29 - Give A her book
A's birthday was coming up.  So I thought heck, let's mail her the book!  It fit inside her card and with a little extra postage, voila!  Something that I had procrastinated on took less than 5 minutes.  She called to say thank you yesterday and that she loved her little photo book.

And here's how the list looks now:

41 before 41

1)  Find space for prayer
2) Finish 2013 taxes
3) Make A and B something
4) Complete J’s quilt
5) Respond to C
6) Plate wall
7)  See a sunrise
8) Do an extreme couponing trip
9)  Drive the boat
10)  Drive the tractor
11)  Get a new look
12)  Get rid of past crafts
13)  Declutter house for move
14)  Clean drain
15)  Rock a part of the yard
16) Keep a manicure for 2 weeks
17)  Ride bike to farmer’s market
18)  Finish linen stitch blanket
19)  Set up accounts for online banking
20)  Put flowers on parents grave
21)  Knit cable cardi
22)  Take the train
23)  Write an article
24)  Share my faith
25) Buy myself flowers
26)  Paint craft room
27)  Explore international genealogy
28)  Design a knitting pattern
29)  Give A her book
30)  England part 2 book
31)  India year 2 book
32)  Eat Korean food
33) Organize family photos
34)  Try on a size 16
35)  Buy something sexy
36)  Publish women in India book
37)  Go to a play
38)  Take a Class
39)  Write a poem
40)  Cook something gourmet
41)  Schedule that photo shoot

Comments