Faux Trail Hike


Last Monday, I ran for 3 minutes.  Wednesday, 4.  Friday, an amazing five.  I didn't think I could do the five and now next Monday is 6 with Wednesday 2 sets of 4.

I have no lingering soreness from the runs so it's a good sign that my body is able to do this.  However, with just these small walk/runs 3 times a week, I'm concerned that it's not enough to bring down my weight and get me in shape.  Weight-wise, I gained a little these last couple of days but I was kind of expecting it.  Since being sick a couple weeks ago, I lost a bit and I think my body is equalizing itself.  Hopefully that's done with and it's all downhill now.

The last couple years I've been reading trail journals, Appalachian, Pacific Crest, The Way, etc.  It's not feasible for me now but maybe someday.  In the meantime, I'm going to take the miles that I go on my walk/runs and see how far I would be on the Appalachian Trail starting in Georgia on Springer Mountain.  I do realize that a treadmill, a paved neighborhood or a state trail is no comparison to the real trail.  I don't have physical mountains, I have mental mountains to cross.  And no backpack or bugs or pumping water or bears, you get the picture.

So that's why this is a Faux Trail Walk like a Faux fur is to a real fur.  No animals were harmed in the walking of this trail.  I'll use this guide to gauge how far.

Going back to the beginning of my running schedule, I've gone 7.72 miles which brings me past the logging road, almost to Hawk Mountain Shelter.  Only 2,170.58 miles to go.

Comments