April Update - 11 Months To Go


About a month ago, I posted my 41 by 41 list.  Each month I'll update on how I'm doing with that list.  One thing that I've noticed is that I think about the things on the list and am surprised at how easy it is to cross things off.  The act of making the list and putting it out there is motivating me to complete each item.  A couple of times I found myself starting and/or completing a project and then realizing, "hey, that's on my list!"  So something is happening.  It also helps that I put realistic things on it that are a little challenging but not insurmountable.  So here's what I've accomplished so far.



#6 - Plate Wall
I took advantage of my husband and dog being gone for an afternoon and finally put them up.  You can see the step by step here.



#11 - Get A New Look
Today I got 4 inches cut and layered plus for the first time, I had highlights put in.  It was a less fussy process than I had thought and the results are so much fun.

#18 - Do An Extreme Couponing Trip
Over $100 in items from Target for less than $10, plus received cash back rebates.  You can find the info on my post here.

Just three down so far, my goal is to do 4 per month which should allow a little extra time for the harder ones.  A few of these are in process and are close, but not quite done yet.  I also had a dream last night that someone paid for a semester of college for me to return and finish my degree.  I was so happy, I was crying.  So perhaps the "class" I'm to take will be an actual college course.  We shall see.  The list now looks like this:

41 before 41


1)  Find space for prayer
2) Finish 2013 taxes
3) Make A and B something
4) Complete J’s quilt
5) Respond to C
6) Plate wall
7)  See a sunrise
8) Do an extreme couponing trip
9)  Drive the boat
10)  Drive the tractor
11)  Get a new look
12)  Get rid of past crafts
13)  Declutter house for move
14)  Clean drain
15)  Rock a part of the yard
16) Keep a manicure for 2 weeks
17)  Ride bike to farmer’s market
18)  Finish linen stitch blanket
19)  Set up accounts for online banking
20)  Put flowers on parents grave
21)  Knit cable cardi
22)  Take the train
23)  Write an article
24)  Share my faith
25) Buy myself flowers
26)  Paint craft room
27)  Explore international genealogy
28)  Design a knitting pattern
29)  Give A her book
30)  England part 2 book
31)  India year 2 book
32)  Eat Korean food
33) Organize family photos
34)  Try on a size 16
35)  Buy something sexy
36)  Publish women in India book
37)  Go to a play
38)  Take a Class
39)  Write a poem
40)  Cook something gourmet
41)  Schedule that photo shoot

Comments